Our Guide on How to Clean Your Timberland Boots
Timberland boots are a great investment for your footwear collection, a rugged, well-crafted outdoor boot that can withstand the elements and look great at the same time. Whether you’re exploring the great outdoors or the city pavement, they’re a shoe that looks stylish, bold, and comfortable wherever your road takes you. But with this type of investment comes a little maintenance to keep them looking good as new and to make them last. Here’s a quick guide on how to clean Timberland boots.
How to Clean Dirt from Leather Timberland Boots
- Use a clean, soft brush to remove any clumps of dirt.
- Get a clean, soft cloth or sponge, dampen it, and wipe evenly over the boot.
- You can use a gentle washing liquid for stubborn stains.
- Rinse out the sponge or cloth and clean away any soapy residue.
- Dry with a clean towel and leave in a warm, ventilated area to dry thoroughly.
- Do not pack away in a cupboard or enclosed space until fully dry.
How to Clean Dirt from Suede Timberland Boots
- As with the leather boots, remove any excess mud or dirt with a soft, dry brush.
- Use a wire brush and brush over the entire boot, brushing several times over any darker areas.
- Always brush with the grain of the suede and not against it.
- Invest in an eraser bar for suede dry cleaning, as this is a great option for heavier stains and marks.
How to Clean Water Stains from Timberland Boots
In the rainy UK, you’re likely to be dealing with water stains more often than anything else. Fortunately, there are some easy ways to clean your leather or suede Timberland boots when they become water stained.
- Dampen a cloth or sponge in lukewarm water. For suede, it’s recommended that you use a suede brush rather than a sponge or cloth
- Gently rub the moisture into the shoe, focussing on the stained area
- For suede boots, rub in the direction of the grain whenever possible
- Once the stain has lifted, put the boots in a well-ventilated, warm area to dry
- If your suede boots are very wet, rub them with a clean towel and stuff them with dry paper so that they hold their shape as they dry
- Don’t use newspaper as the ink can stain your shoe
Removing Grease Stains from Timberland Boots
Whether it’s a drop of moisturiser, spilled cooking oil, or grease from a dirty road, you need to get it off your Timberland boots fast – here’s how.
- Gently blot the stain with tissue or a kitchen towel.
- Get some talc-free baby powder, corn starch, or bicarbonate of soda and pat it over the stained area without rubbing it in.
- Leave overnight or for at least 10 hours.
- If you have nubuck Timberland boots, you can simply rub the powder off and the stain should have lifted.
- If you have suede boots, it’s better to use a suede brush to remove the powder, rubbing it along the grain.
Removing Other Tough Stains from Timberland Boots
If you have any other stains on your boots, you can work on them using the salt and vinegar method.
- Brush off any excess mess carefully with a damp sponge, cloth, or suede brush
- Mix 1 part of clear white vinegar with 2 parts of water
- Dampen a clean cloth or sponge in this mixture and work it into the stained area until the stain is well covered without soaking the boot
- Leave them to dry overnight in a well-ventilated area
You can also use suede and leather cleaning products, including foaming cleansers, stain-repellent sprays, and more. Your Timberland boots should last you a lifetime with regular care, so make sure that you brush them down after wearing them and clean any stains as soon as possible. After all, Timberland is focused on becoming the world’s most sustainable outdoor lifestyle brand on the planet, and that means buying a pair of these boots can last a lifetime!
Looking for Affordable Timberland Boots?
Boundary Outlet stores are offering Timberland boots at 30% off – or more! Waterproof, high-performance, and stylish no matter the setting, these rugged boots are a must for your wardrobe. At Boundary Outlet’s stores in Colne, Newcastle and Sheffield, you can find our range of Timberland suede, nubuck, and leather shoes at unbeatable prices. What’s more, we offer shopping until 8 pm from Monday to Saturday, a loyalty program, and complimentary free parking. So, pop through to one of our outlet stores and upgrade your look for less.
Join the Privilege Family
ENJOY exclusive Privilege Perks and daily offers, plus advanced notice of special events and discounts at selected sale periodsJoin Now
Download the Privilege Family App
Download the free Boundary Privilege Family app to receive offers and brand updates on the go, plus always have your card to hand on your phone ready to show in store.
Search: Boundary Outlet