Spiced Onion Chutney & Rosemary Butternut Squash Tarts
- 1 sheet of readymade puff pastry
- 100 grams of butternut squash, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 sprig of rosemary, removed from the stalk, roughly chopped
- 70 grams of pine nuts
- 50 grams of free-from grated cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the chutney
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of Mr. Fitzpatrick’s plum and pear spiced cordial
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (approx. 375 grams)
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1/2 tbsp. of wholegrain mustard
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 1/4 Tsp. of salt
Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low – medium heat, soften the onions.
Stir in 1 tbsp. of brown sugar, stirring occasionally until onions start to colour.
Add all remaining ingredients and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until chutney has reduced and thickened to a caramel colour.
While chutney is cooling heat the oven to 180c and line a baking tray with parchment, line the pastry sheet on top and cut into even quarters.
Drizzle butternut squash with olive oil, season well and toss with the rosemary.
Spread 1 tbsp. of chutney over each pastry square, sprinkle with cheese, cubes of butternut squash and pine nuts.
Add a final sprinkle of chopped rosemary, and fold the corners into the center and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden.
Recipe & Images; The Clean Tribe
Join the Privilege Family
ENJOY exclusive Privilege Perks and daily offers, plus advanced notice of special events and discounts at selected sale periods
Download the Privilege Family App
Download the free Boundary Privilege Family app to receive offers and brand updates on the go, plus always have your card to hand on your phone ready to show in store.
Search: Boundary Outlet